- 5 Star energy efficiency – uses less gas than 3 or 4 Star water heaters, lowering greenhouse gas emissions
- Advanced technology – the Stellar Superflue® increases both efficiency and performance, reducing energy consumption and saving you money
- Mains pressure at multiple taps – to service multiple hot water demands at once
- 200 litre per hour recovery – more than you will likely need!
- 10 Years Cylinder and SuperFlue® Warranty, 5 Years labour on Cylinder and SuperFlue®, 1 Year parts & labour warranty on all other components.
- Designed for durability
- Australian made
1. How does a gas storage water heater work?
A gas storage water heater works by heating and storing the water for supply at mains pressure, which enables for several taps or showers to be used at once without a loss of pressure. A gas burner located underneath the storage tank is used to continuously heat the water tank. When the temperature at the bottom of the tank is below the thermostat level, the flame then ignites to keep the water constantly hot. Mains pressure gas storage hot water heaters have instantaneous hot water delivery, as a generous amount is stored heated and ready for use.
2. Can a gas storage hot water system be installed if I haven’t had one before?
The answer is maybe. This depends on your street having gas piping that can connect your home to natural gas. Check with your local energy provider if gas is available for your home.
In the event that gas is not available, a propane (LPG) gas water heater can be installed. Check with a plumber what is advised.
3. What are the benefits of a gas storage hot water system?
There are lots of benefits included when using a gas storage hot water system. These include:
- Relatively inexpensive solution to your hot water needs
- Higher efficiency
- Cost less to run and a more cost-effective long term option
- Produce less greenhouse gas emissions than electric systems
4. What is the temperature of the water?
In accordance with the National Plumbing Standard requirements, the temperature of the stored water must not be below 60°C.
5. How should I choose what size water heater to purchase?
When choosing what size water heater to purchase you should look at factors such as:
- How many people living in the home
- Water usage (quantity and how often)
- How many bathrooms
If you choose a storage system that is too small it will run out of water continuously. However, if you choose one that is too big it will be more expensive to run because the water temperature will be maintained even when not in use. Note that gas storage systems are measured via First Hour Capacity (FHC) which calculates tank volume and heat-up rate to determine the ‘useable’ amount of hot water in litres.
Contact us for assistance on choosing the right storage system for your home.
Contact G-Store at 1300 766 940
All of our products are inspected by our experienced staff for quality and/or damage before sale or despatch.
If you have any issue with your purchase, please call G-Store on 1300 766 940 without delay. Make sure you have a copy of your invoice to hand. We will be happy to discuss the options that best solves the problem. Please do not return goods without our explicit instructions.
G-Store ships most of our products anywhere in Australia. You can also pick up free from our Melbourne store.
Shipping Cost Options
To offer you the most cost-effective shipping fees we use the Temando freight engine to dynamically search among available carriers and offer you
- The cheapest rate
- The fastest service
These are the two best options available at the time from among our carriers for your particular products to your specific location, wherever it is in the country.
We do not post to PO boxes.
Free Pick Up
If your delivery is to a Postcode within 150 km of G-Store in Melbourne (Malvern East) you will also be offered a Pick-Up In-Store option. If you select this, we will let you know as soon as your purchase is ready for Pick Up.
Malvern East – same day on stocked items if ordered before 2pm, next day after 2pm.
Warragul – next day on stocked items if ordered before 11am, otherwise add 1 business day.